Welcome!


I'm not, by any means, a professinal make-up artist - I'm just having fun, doing what I love to do. :)

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nail polish swatches and review!

Woo! My first swatches/review post!!!


So, I decided to play around with one of my unused nail polishes today. (Excuse the messy nails, please, I had shakey hands for no reason and I REALLY wanted to post the review already so I couldn't be bothered touching-up and stuff. I'm a lazy, lazy girl!)

I got this nail polish for about 10 NIS (equals to 2$-3$!) at a random store where I live. (I tend to hunt for bargains, huh?) It's from an Israeli brand called "GK Professional" and it doesn't have a color "name" - but it DOES have a number, which is weird... But anyways, I used #762 today. Here it is with flash:


And without flash:

It's just this pretty purple-pinkish color. It looks great on the nails - HOWEVER... It does have a few issues:
- Too much polish comes out on the wand and the brush. It almost looks like someone watered it down.
- The application IS NOT smooth. I have no idea why - this has NEVER happened to me before, shakey hands and all! It was sort of rough and "bubbly". I had to put a top coat on it. 
- I also had to put at least 2 coats of it before it gave me a full cover, which sucked.
- It dries SO SLOW. I had to go to the loo at one point and the nail polish hadn't dried yet so I had to do my pee-pee dance for like 15 minutes before I could use the toilets without worrying about my nails turning into a hot mess.

***Final thoughts:
Packaging - 5/5
Price - 5/5
Will I buy this product again?: I think I will. I got what I paid for, after all...***

Which brings me to the next product I used on my nails: Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat. For those of you who aren't familiar with the brand, here's what it looks like:

On the Sally Hansen website it says this top coat is a "Super acrylic top coat against chipping!" and it's used as "an anti-chip top coat that seals nail color to a smooth, hard, high-gloss finish".
The reviews on the website are really, really bad though. Girls asked for full refunds and said it destroyed their nail polish and whatnot. From what I just experienced, I can say this much:
- It is SUPER SMOOTH when applied
- It dries up in a heartbeat
- It "smoothed out" the bumps I just told you all about.
- It all nice and shiny!
It costs about 4$-5$ on Amazon, you can get it right here: Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Top Coat, 0.45 Fluid Ounce
Bottom line? It made my nail polish look SO much better. The reviewers on the Sally Hansen website said the nailpolish "just popped off" after they showered - so I'd have to update my review later on today after I'll shower and see what's the deal - which means I'll add the final thoughts on this one later on today! 

On that note: Later, folks! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're so silly! But that purple is really pretty, especially with your skin tone! I actually just painted my nails with a color kinda like that, except it's a little more brighter and fuschia-y

    ReplyDelete