Welcome!


I'm not, by any means, a professinal make-up artist - I'm just having fun, doing what I love to do. :)

Sunday, September 4, 2011

FOTD/EOTD and Reviews

Hello my lovlie readers!

This is just a bright, natural look I have on right now.



*Face: 
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation
- Sleek Makeup Translucent Pressed Powder (Mainly on my forehead to make it less shiny and sweaty looking)
*Cheeks:
- Sleek Makeup Rose Gold Blush
- Smashbox Soft Lights - Prism (Highlighter)
*Eyes:
- Smashbox High Definition Concealer
- Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
- Sleek Makeup Gift Basket Eveyshadow
- Sleek Makeup Organza Eyeshadow
- Sleek Makeup Bow Eyeshadow
- Sleek Makeup Noir Eyeshadow (I used it as eyeliner though)
- Sleek Makeup Waterproof Mascara
- Sleek Makeup Kohl Pencil Liner (Black, used it on my top waterline to make my lashes look super thick)
*Lips:
- Maybelline ColorSensational - Mauve Glam (Only used one coat though to make sure my face won't look insanely "made-up")
**********
Reviews:
First of all, I'd like to review Sleek Makeup's Waterproof Mascara. Just as a reminder, Sleek Makeup's Website says that this is:
"A long-wearing waterproof mascara with conditioning and softening properties. Defines the eyes without flaking, clumping, smudging or smearing and yet is easy to remove." 
 I'm having mixed thoughts on this one though.
Pros: 
- It made my eyelashes super longer and more defined, which I loved.
- It only took two coats and it dried quite fast so there were no "accidents".
- Very comfortable wand - not too short, not too thin/thick.
- Has a whole lot of product in it.
- Very easy to remove 
- Lasts forever under hot, humid weather conditions :P
Cons:
- Clumpy as hell - even after I wiped the wand with a tissue, it seemed to take out too much product on the wand.
- Because of the fact it's clumpy you need to "play" with your fingers on your eyelashes to make the chuncks of mascara vanish, leaving you with a hell of a mess on your fingers when you're done.
Overall:
Quality: 4.8/5
Packaging: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Will I Buy This Prodoct Again?: Probably.
Do I Recommend This Product?: Only for those who have lots of time on their hands to play with chuncks.

Next, I'd like to review Sleek Makeup's Kohl Pencil eyeliner. Again as a reminder, Sleek Makeup's website said that this is:
 "An ultra creamy-matte formula pencil used to define the eyes. Can be applied on the lower and upper eyelid for long-lasting, stay-in-place colour which glides on effortlessly, to achieve a perfect look.
No mixed thoughts here. As a pencil liner, it's smooth, creamy, doesn't feel like it's about to hurt your eyes or "pull" on them and just does its job.
Pros:
Doesn't smudge unless you want it to.
Pigmented - you only need one stroke and it's perfectly applied.
Cons:
None :)
Overall:

Quality: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Will I Buy This Prodoct Again?: Sure!
Do I Recommend This Product?: Yes, yes yes!!!
**********
That's all for now, folks. Hope you liked my makeup and found my reviews interesting enough.
Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I really like that look. The eyeshadows are gorgeous in the light. And I really like that blush color.

    The mascara looks awesome despite the clumping problems you had. It looked great to me.

    ReplyDelete